About Rochester Riverside
Rochester Riverside is the region’s flagship regeneration project, a £419m development that is being delivered by Countryside and Hyde over 12 years. A new mixed-tenure community of up to 1,400 new homes is being created, along with a new primary school, nursery, hotel, river walkway, commercial units, parking, green open spaces, play areas and landscaping. The site comprises 50 acres of brownfield development land, stretching from Rochester Bridge in the north to Doust Way in the south and connects River Medway to the town centre.
Following the start of construction in February 2018, the development has made swift progress, with the first residents having moved into their new homes in June 2019. Construction continues at pace across the first three phases of the development, with over 200 homes completed and handed over to their new residents, and the new Travelodge hotel, Costa Coffee and Co-op open for business.
Rochester Riverside at a glance
- 1,400 new homes, including provision for first-time buyers and families
- Approximately 25% of new homes built across the development will be affordable
- A new hotel and 2,200 sqm of commercial space
- A primary school and nursery
- Approx. 2km of a new public riverside walkway
- Ten acres of open space