About Rochester Riverside
Rochester Riverside is a £419m development that will provide 1,400 homes and extensive community facilities to become an exciting, new, riverside community for the area. The site comprises 50 acres of brownfield development land, stretching from Rochester Bridge in the north to Doust Way in the south and connects River Medway to the town centre.
The area will be developed over the next 12 years and provide four distinct, new neighbourhoods, complete with mixed tenure homes along with, a new primary school, nursery, hotel and over ten acres of green, open space.
Work on Rochester Riverside is anticipated to begin in late 2017 with the first collection of homes ready to be moved into by 2019.
Rochester Riverside at a glance
- 1,400 new homes, including provision for first-time buyers and families
- Approximately 25% of new homes built across the development will be affordable
- A new hotel and 2,200 sqm of commercial space
- A primary school and nursery
- Approx. 2km of a new public riverside walkway
- Ten acres of open space